Here is a mix of Julia’s questions, along with questions she gathered from her friends. We did our best to answer them…please listen and let us know how we did. (Leave a review on Apple Podcasts!)
- Do women need to take a break from hormones to let their body go “back to normal”?
- When I am on birth control, how come some months I have a period or some kind of hormone flux and some months I don’t?
- How do I know if I have a hormone imbalance?
- Why does birth control make some people gain weight?
- I get quite hormonal when I am having a period; what can I do to curb that?
- How long does it take for birth control to stop working after I stop using it? The pill, IUD, etc.
- How long should someone wait to go back on birth control after having a baby?
- Can certain birth control methods affect sex drive/libido?
- Is it bad to not have a period for a long time while on birth control?
- What is going on in my body when I experience PMS?
Resources we mentioned in this episode:
Anxiety and Hormones
Birth Control Side Effects
Non-hormonal Birth Control Options
Family Planning Apps
Organic non-toxic tampons, pads and liners
Hidden Hormone Imbalance – How Do I know?
Hormones and Heavy/Painful Periods
Feeling hormonal? PMS/Mood Swings
Bacterial Vaginosis and Yeast Infections